Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lucky Z - Part 2

Traffic lights often cramp my style. I’ll be hurtling down the sidewalk and then I’ll have to wait until the red-palm light turns into a green-walking-figure light. Well, on Friday evening I didn’t have to stop or even slow down. “Wow, that’s lucky,” I thought. “I bet I’ll find a penny on the ground, too!” And, sure enough, a short while later a shiny new penny was waiting for me in front of the supermarket.

The next day I attended a women’s conference at the Monterey Institute of International Studies. Lunch was included, and the lunch ticket was also the way to enter for the door-prizes. There were 8 or 9 prizes, and just when I was beginning to think my lucky streak was over, my name was called. I was too busy laughing about the bald guy who’d won an appointment with a hairdresser/hair colorist, so I didn’t hear what I’d won. Surprise! It was a gift certificate for a Brazilian bikini wax. I cross my legs and cringe just thinking about it. Think Sandra Bullock in the movie “Miss Congeniality.” Ouch! Yikes!

No comments: