Monday, April 16, 2007

Z's new client

My list of income-producing activities has expanded: I am now a transcriptionist for Truthdig.com. The site includes written articles as well as telephone interviews and video. Sometimes people want to read only rather than listen and/or watch, so I listen to the audio and type---for your reading pleasure. You'd think a trained monkey could transcribe, but let's just say there are challenges. For me there's also the small matter of ignorance. I don't watch the news and I certainly don't keep up with anything remotely political, but I do lean to the left, the interviewers and interviewees are passionate about what they're doing, and these interviews give me a fabulous intellectual fix. Click here to dig for the truth.

And this isn't just any ol' site; it's been nominated in three major categories for the Webby Award. For past decade, the Webby Award has been the leading international award for excellence on the Internet. So there! Click here to see a list of Webby nominees and winners.

No comments: