Thursday, September 27, 2007

Spell Check

Ah, Spell-Check. Have a look at the blog entry I made yesterday. The first thing Spell-Check pounced on was "DMV," Department of Motervehicles. Its first suggestion is "DAV," for which www.acronymfinder.com has definitions including: Disabled American Veterans, German Mountaineering Association, and Date of Availability.

Spell-Check does not like "Heehee," and prefers the much more elegant "Heehaw."

Oh dear. What should we do with "Yay!"? How about "Ya," "Yak," or "Yam"?

This next one is very helpful. Obviously, "mothafucka" is incorrect. Please change it to "motherfucker," "mouthful," or perhaps "motherfucking."

These suggested corrections just tickled my funny-bone. Although I must admit that the corrected profanity was not something I had expected. Perhaps because I seldom type profanity -- I think it's something to be saved for special occasions so it'll have a nice big effect.

I love, love, love Spell-Check. Day in and day out, it saves me from certain embarrassment in my work. Yay!

No comments: