Monday, October 01, 2007

Alien Wedding


For years now I have followed the saga of The Alien. He --- I'm just assuming it's male --- appeared in the window of a house a block away from me, and at first he was naked. Then he began to dress for holidays and various occasions. A sequined Uncle Sam hat for July 4th, a Santa Hat for Christmas, a bandanna and shades when the bikers are in town, etc. One day, a flamingo replaced him in the window. A note explained that The Alien was in Florida and that this was a timeshare situation. Occasionally, a silver dog I call Astro Dog, kept him company.


A few Decembers ago, a juvenile appeared in the window, followed by another full-sized --- again, an assumption, I mean, what do any of us know about aliens, right? --- Alien. Uh-oh! Had the Alien knocked someone up? Regardless, the following Valentine's Day, the Aliens were married. I never saw the juvenile again. What do you think? He was returned to the Mothership because the Aliens were deemed unfit parents? All juveniles are raised by a collective on the Home World?

No comments: