Friday, August 25, 2006

Lucky Z

Today, on my way to my acupuncturist (click here for her website), I spotted what looked suspiciously like a one-dollar bill next to a toothpick on the ground. I was walking through a parking lot, and a teenager was walking towards me. Blonde, lots of makeup, carrying books. Had Blondie seen it? Would I get there first?! Was it obvious that I was fighting the urge to sprint towards the one-dollar bill? Did I need to get a life?

Woohoo! I swooped down and grabbed the money. “You’re lucky!” said Blondie. I smiled a satisfied smile.

One of my favorite books is “Angels and Demons” by Dan Brown. I liked it much more than “The DaVinci Code.” It’s been a while since I read it, so I don’t remember the reference to the one-dollar bill, but I do remember that there’s some interesting trivia, if you will, at the author’s site. Look at the back of a one-dollar bill, then click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for two brief paragraphs about the creepy floating eye, the pyramid (not particularly American, eh?), and the Latin reference to a new secular order—as opposed to “In God we trust.” Interesting stuff.

No comments: