Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Matchmaking Horus

A guy stopped me at the mall, saying he was a HUGE Star Wars fan and LOVED my Yoda backpack. I'd had it slung over one shoulder, so I put it on properly so he could get the full effect.

"I like your earrings, too!" he said, and he reached under his shirt, fumbling around his belt, and pulled out . . . his keychain, which had an Eye of Horus charm on it that matched my earrings.

The Eye of Horus is a very rich symbol of protection and knowledge. But nevermind that--- he was cute. He smiled at me. Then I realized that, unfortunately, he was a minor. He high-fived me. *sigh*

It was actually a very lovely moment of connection with another human being and I'm grateful. I'd be even more grateful if Horus and his Eye could send me date-able material, though. What d'you think?

No comments: