Saturday, August 15, 2009

Desecrating the Bunny Altar

Whoa! I was asked to leave the immediate area today. What a milestone; my first time being kicked out while performing my journalistic duties for the Monterey County Herald. I felt like a rebel. Cool. I was also greatly embarrassed.

I was shooting footage of a man examining and evaluating . . . rabbits. He was checking to see if the 4-H kids were properly caring for the bunnies. He was fast and efficient and it looked so cool as he pulled them out of cages checked their ears and fur, whipped 'em onto their backs and checked their, uhm, let's not think about that . . .

But I was in a space where only judges were allowed, I guess. Had I approached this judge from any other direction, I would've seen the yellow tape marking the perimeter. You'd think I'd done the equivalent of burning the American flag or spitting on an altar.

No comments: